Today, after working for about a week with my friend Rohit Kaundal, I launched the new design for my website. This monochromatic design puts less strain on the eyes and removes all the clutter that was found in the previous version.
- Eye friendly Colors.
- ‘Where am I ?’ feature that uses Google API to automatically update my Location with my GPS enabled phone.
- 6 Newly uploaded photos on the main page.
- New Blog Article and Latest Articles List on the main page.
- Facebook Like button on Articles and photographs.
- Buy Prints Button on the Right side of every photographs.
Behind the Scenes :
My childhood friend and neighbor, Rohit Kaundal and I sat together for three or four days to make my website clutter free and make it a better browsing experience for visitors.
I choose the new monochromatic shades of Black and he tried to create a symmetry in the design.
I also required a Where am I ? box that could update automatically with my phone. That was possible with Google Latitude but google didn’t have any text version on their badge. So, Rohit plunged into Google API and created a PHP code that would display my current location through my GPS enabled phone.
Other Details :
- Only Ginger – Pepper Tea was used while working.
- Lounge Music helped a lot .
- Many trips were canceled in the past few days.
Powerer by :
Theme by Graph Paper Press for wordpress was used as the starting point for this design. The Photo gallery is powered by Photoshelter, the leader in portfolio websites, photo sales, marketing and archiving tools for photographers.
If you also want your photoshelter account then you can get discount of up to 30$ if you use the following discount code or click on this link.